Time for a new cake recipe. This time it is for a raw coconut, blueberry lime cake. It is a fairly simple recipe with mostly coconut ingredients, really.
Ingredients you need
Note: Makes a 9-10 cm cake.
- Blueberries, about 2 tbsp
- 3 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 dl desiccated coconut
- 1 dl coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp coconut cream (the non-watery part from the non-mixed cream
- zest and juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2,5 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- chia seeds
- cacao nibs
Making the cake
- Start by mashing the coconut butter and the blueberries with a fork in a suitable bowl. The mix should be quite easy to handle as the coconut butter is warm.
- Take a cake dish, line it with baking paper to avoid the crust sticking to the walls and press the crust out in the dish to form the crust.
- Put the crust in the fridge to let it settle and stiffen.
- Use a mixer to blend the ingredients to the filling until they have a smooth and even texture.
- Take out the now firm crust from the fridge and add the filling.
- Place back in the fridge and allow it to firm before serving.
- Top with raspberries, cacao nibs and chia seeds.
Tip: If you don’t eat all of it at once it is perfect to store the leftovers in the fridge. Just remember to take it out a few minutes before serving so that it is possible to cut through it to create pieces.
Cecilia & Magnus