The grocery stores are packed with root vegetables and it’s starting to get cooler outside. Time for a warm, creamy soup! Bacon, wild boar sausage and feta cheese made a really nice topping to it.
This one is based on butternut squash with some root celery and red onions added. The butternut squash makes everything rich and smooth.
Butternut squash soup
- Butternut squash
- Root celery
- Red onions
- Fresh turmeric
- Cayenne pepper
- Green pepper
- Lemon juice
- Coconut cream
- Coconut oil
- Bone broth
- Chop and brown the onion in a large pot using coconut oil.
- Chop the root vegetables and let them brown slightly in the pot as well.
- Add the coconut cream, bone broth and water until all the veggies are covered.
- Add the seasoning.
- Let everything boil until the veggies are soft. Meanwhile, fry the bacon and sausage in a frying pan.
- When the veggies are soft, use a mixer and mix it to your desired texture.
We topped everything with some feta cheese and olive oil as well! Very tasty!
Cecilia & Magnus