Last week we did this pretty and very tasty red cabbage bowl! I think its meant to eat at Christmas but it makes perfect sense to eat now at the beginning of the autumn as well. Find the recipe below!
The cabbage was served with a piece sweet potato, soured mini cucumber and the best pork chops (free range, organic) from our butcher the largest rind! No fat fear here, topped with a click of butter as well.
Fresh red cabbage bowl
- 1/2 red cabbage
- Garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 apple
- Olive oil
- Shave the cabbage as finely as possible. I use a mixer with a shaving blade, which is the easiest way to do it.
- Place in a large bowl and knead in the salt and garlic.
- Let it rest for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the mustard and a good amount of olive oil. Knead it together using your hands! You want to squeeze the cabbage to make it soft.
- Chop the apple and some nuts and add to the bowl.
The apple cider vinegar makes the color of the cabbage so pretty! And make sure to squeeze and knead the cabbage properly with your hands. It will make a huge difference for the texture of it.
Cecilia & Magnus