Creamy soups are so satisfying, especially now when its colder and dark in the evenings. This is another variant of a butternut squash soup, a slightly better one then the last one we did, I have to say. The difference is that the squash, onion and all nice spices are roasted in the oven before going into the pot.
Curry butternut squash soup
- 1 butternut squash
- Brown onions
- Ginger powder
- Coconut oil
- ~3 cans coconut cream/milk
- ~3 dl bone broth
- Salt & pepper
- Dice the butternut squash and place in a baking tray. Top with sliced onion and all the seasoning. Sprinkle an even layer over the whole tray and pour over coconut oil before placing in the oven at 250°C for about 25 minutes.
- In a pot, heat up coconut cream and bone broth.
- Add the squash into the pot when it has become soft.
- Mix the soup into your desired texture.
To get some protein to the meal we did some meatballs that went into the oven at the same time as the squash. Time and energy effectiveness!
The soup served topped with meatballs, rosemary and olive oil. The richness of the butternut squash together with the curry and chili seasoning is so nice! You need to try this soup!
Happy soup making,
Cecilia & Magnus