Have you heard about Wonderbag? This incredible clever non-electric slow cooker. Make sure to check it out more in detail here. We just got one ourselves and the first thing we cooked in it was of course bone broth!
First, look how pretty the Wonderbag is!
Second, look what an incredible bone broth it makes from massive bones. Such a difference to use the stove for 30-60 minutes to make bone broth instead of having it boiling for 12 hours at the stove. The flexibility to be able to make the broth without being home and awake for 12 hours straight to watch it is another great advantage! It was so convenient to start the broth during the evening and then finish it the next morning, just leaving it in the Wonderbag overnight. No need to worry about setting the stove on fire or dry cook the pot.
Wonderbag bone broth
1. Fill a pot with bones and add water to the edge. Use a variety of bones if you have! Chicken carcasses usually makes the broth very gelatinous.
2. Put on the stove and let it boil for 30 minutes
3. Place in your Wonderbag and seal it tightly to keep all the heat inside.
4. Let it rest and transform the bones into a gelatinous nutritious liquid for around 12 hours.
5. Take it out from the Wonderbag and pour into glass jars that you store in the freezer and make sure to get your bone broth a couple of days a week at least. If you want to, put it back on the stove and let it boil for about 30 minutes more to reduce it slightly. In that way it is more likely to fit in the freezer…
Make sure now to buy meat on the bone and save the bones in your freezer. In that way, you always have the possibility to make this super nutritious elixir to no cost at all.
Happy bone broth making,
Cecilia & Magnus