Time to find what the Wonderbag can do with our favorite piece of meat – the oxtail! We did a classic stew with canned tomatoes, onions, chili and herbs and of course our bone broth as the base.
The recipe can of course be used for making the stew on the stove or in the oven as well. A Wonderbag isn’t necessary but it makes it more convenient with slow cooking!
Tomato oxtail stew
- Canned tomatoes
- Bone broth
- Apple cider vinegar
- Bay leaves
- Chili flakes
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the onions and garlic and brown carefully in a pot with coconut oil.
- Brown the oxtail on all sides, this need to be done with a few at the time as all of the pieces won’t fit in the bottom of the pot at the same time.
- When all pieces are browned, add everything into the pot and fill up with water so that everything is covered.
- Let it boil for 30 minutes and wrap it up in the Wonderbag (or leave at the stove or put into the oven).
- Wait for at least 5 hours before unwrapping it.
And out of the Wonderbag comes the most tender oxtail we have tried! It just melts apart and loses from the bone without any resistance. Remember to save the bones afterward in the freezer to be able to do more bone broth.
We had the stew together with turnip fries, which was a good taste combination.
Happy slow cooking,
Cecilia & Magnus