Have you tried to pickle meat? If not, give it a try! It’s very simple, very delicious and a fun way to have your meat. Here is an old post where we had some pickled meat for breakfast.
How to pickle meat
- A piece of meat
- Salt without iodine, about 3 Tbsp per kilograms of meat
- Honey or sugar, about a tsp
- Make sure to have clean hands and utensils.
- Add the salt and honey/sugar to the meat. Work it with the hands until the whole piece of meat is covered in the salt.
- Cover the bowl to let as little air as possible in. We uses are bees wrap, which is a piece of fabric covered in bees wax that also have antibacterial properties.
- Let it rest in the fridge for a couple of days, but make sure to turn it everyday so that the pickling becomes even.
The outside of the meat becomes slightly grey, but the inside looks more tasty indeed! I didn’t manage to get a picture of that this time…
Let us know if you’ve pickled any meat and what you served it with!
/Cecilia & Magnus