There are such lovely squash/pumpkins available now and I thought this recipe would be fun to test. A Hasselback variant of butternut squash, filled with two of my favorite seasonings. Chili and bay leaves, which turned out to be really nice and fresh together with the sweet squash.
Hasselback butternut squash
- Slice the squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Place in a oven ramekin with the flesh side upwards. Have some cooking fat on top as well as salt. Place in the oven at 250°C for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and make sure the shell is soft enough to be able to make thin slits in it.
- Slice the chili and put that and the bay leaves in the slits.
- Place the halves with the flesh side downwards and cook for another 45 minutes or until soft.
Pretty and tasty squash, before going into the oven for a second time! Remember to put some salt and pepper on as well.
The Hasselback squash was served with some red cabbage salad, a meat apply and some liver. A nice weekday dinner, that requires some time in the kitchen.
/Cecilia & Magnus