Recently there was campaign on this pretty leek in our store, so we bought a few of them. And of course, one of them had to be used with our favorite meat, the oxtail, in a stew! A simple one with only allspice and bay leaves as seasoning together with the leek and a red onion.
The stew was served with kale, radishes and a mash of turnip and swede. Vegetables of the season!
Paleo oxtail stew
- Bone broth
- Red onion
- Bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the leek and onion and fry them until soft in the pot.
- Add the oxtail and cover with bone broth + water if needed.
- Grind the allspice in the mortar if you have whole seeds and add together with a few bay leaves and salt and pepper in the pot.
- Let it boil for about 30 minutes and then rest in the Wonderbag for at least 5 hours, or leave it to simmer on the stove top.
- Let it boil a couple of minutes on the stove top before serving.
The bone broth we used in this stew was freshly made in the Wonderbag just before. The Wonderbag really have a hard time during our weekends!
A nice Italian red wine was enjoyed to the dinner as well.
Happy oxtail cooking,
Cecilia & Magnus