It is very nice to have a piece of venison liver in the freezer and turn it into a tasty pâté! The recipe that follows in this post is simple and quick and works with any kind of liver of course. Now in times of Christmas it’s extra nice with the touch of allspice in it.
One way to serve the pâté is with some pickled cucumbers, pomegranate and oliveoil sprinkle. Luxurious!
Simple liver pâté
- Red onion
- Salt & pepper
- Chop the onion and fry it in coconut oil or lard until soft.
- Add the liver, chopped into smaller pieces.
- Add garlic, some allspice (grind first if it is whole seeds), rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Pour a small amount of apple cider vinegar in the saucepan and let it vaporize.
- Place the liver mixture in a mixer with S-blade and add butter in chunks.
- Mix to desired consistency.
Put the liver pâté in glass jars and enjoy! It should be fine to have in the fridge for at least one week.
Cecilia & Magnus