We had some chicken wings, which I was inspired to make a classic dish out of. A Coq au vin blanc, but a paleo version of course. It turned out great and the recipe follows below!
Paleo coq au vin blanc
- Chicken on the bone, about 1 kg
- 250 g bacon
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200 g champignons
- Bay leaves
- ~3 dl bone broth
- ~3 dl white wine
- Brown the chicken in a saucepan in ghee, lard or coconut oil. Place them aside for a while.
- Chop the onion and garlic and cut the bacon in small pieces.
- Sauté the onion and bacon together with the rosemary. Add the garlic.
- Place the chicken back in the saucepan and add the bone broth, wine and bay leaves. Fill up with water if needed to cover the chicken.
- Let it cook for about 20 minutes and add the champignons. If large, chop them first.
- Place the pot in a Wonderbag or leave to simmer on the stove for a couple of hours until the chicken meat loosens from the bone.
Make sure to enjoy the same wine to the dinner as used in the stew.
Cecilia & Magnus