Look at the color of this soup! Red beets are so fun to cook with. This is a red beet soup with ginger in to give some edge to it and some coconut cream to soften it. On top is some pork crumbles, which is leftovers from making lard.
It is very nice to slow cook it in the Wonderbag to really let all the flavors evolve in the soup!
Red beet soup w. ginger
- Red beets
- Bone broth
- Coconut cream
- Fresh ginger
- Salt & pepper
- Chop the onions and brown them slightly in some cooking fat.
- Chop the beets, garlic and ginger and add in the pot.
- Cover with coconut cream, bone broth and water if needed.
- Add thyme, salt and pepper.
- Let it cook for about 15 minutes and then place in the pot in the Wonderbag for 1-2 hours (or longer) until the beets are soft.
- Mix the soup into desired texture.
I had some greens and soured beans as a complement to the soup. A delight dinner for any weekday!
Cecilia & Magnus