Pulled pork is always a favorite! But it doesn’t always have to be made with that tomato barbecue sauce. Here is a variant with Café de Paris flavors, which was very simple by just adding a block of butter (literally!) and some seasoning to the loin of pork before leaving it to cook in the oven in a clay pot until tender.
The pulled pork was served with green salad and steamed cabbage, nothing else is needed really since there is so much flavor in the meat.
Café de Paris pulled pork
- Loin of pork, with or without bone
- Block of butter
- Garlic cloves
- Chili powder
- Curry powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Place the loin of pork in a clay pot or something similar.
- Cover in the spices.
- Chop the garlic and chili and place on top together with the block of butter.
- Leave in the oven at 125°C for at least 5 hours.
- Pull the meat apart using forks.
Not difficult at all but a very delicious dinner loaded with healthy fat! Please make sure to use grass-fed butter and organic raised pork meat.
Enough food to make a couple of nice lunch boxes for work as well!
Cecilia & Magnus