Below follows a delicious recipe for a Persian inspired chicken stew. We had it with some “carrot rice” and a really nice green kale salad consisting of kale, lemon, lemon juice and finely chopped red onion. A good, sourish complement to the warm chicken stew.
A chicken stew with roasted nuts in and crunchy fresh pomegranate seeds on top. I was fortunate enough to have cinnamon roasted nuts waiting in the fridge, so I just used them instead of roasting new ones for the stew!
Chicken stew w. nuts
- Chicken on the bone, 1-2 kg
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 dl nuts, roasted and chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Bone broth + water
- Pomegranate seeds
- Dry roast the nuts in a frying pan or in the oven.
- Heat a pot with butter, lard or coconut oil and gently brown the chicken.
- Put the chicken aside and sauté the chopped onion until soft.
- Put the chicken back in the pot and cover with bone broth + water.
- Add all the spices and nuts and let it boil gently for about 30 minutes.
- Place the pot in the Wonderbag for a couple of hours, or on the stovetop until the chicken meat fall off the bones.
Don’t forget to top the meal with pomegranate seeds!
Cecilia & Magnus