That is something we haven’t cooked for several years since we have had trouble to find it. But now we were able to get some really nice cheeks from grass-fed cows, which were even better than we remembered them to be. So tender and loaded with fat.
Beef cheek stew w. celery
- Beef cheeks
- Red onion
- Celery sticks
- Root celery
- Bay leaves
- Green pepper
- Chili powder
- Apple cider vinegar
- Bone broth + water
- Brown the beef cheeks on both sides in a hot saucepan with some cooking fat. Put the cheeks aside.
- Chop all the vegetables in small pieces and add to the pot.
- Place the cheeks back and add bone broth + water until all is covered.
- Add the seasoning and a splash of apple cider vinegar for some acidity.
- Let it boil for about 30 minutes on the stove and than place it in the Wonderbag. Seal tightly and leave for a couple of hours. (Or leave at the stove until the meat is really tender.)
- When ready, slice the meat and serve with the yummy broth.
The taste of the celery was a really nice complement to the meat and the bay leaves gives such a nice depth of all the flavors.
We had the stew with some steamed carrots and savoy kale and topped with soured cucumber and some greens. Turned out as a great dinner, with a glass of red wine to as well.
Happy beef cheek cooking,
Cecilia & Magnus