Cabbage, red or white, is almost always available in our kitchen. It’s so versatile and for this dinner we made wedges and roasted them in the oven with garlic, lemon and pecorino cheese on top!
Red cabbage w. pecorino cheese
- One head of cabbage
- A few garlic cloves
- One lemon, juice and zest
- Coconut oil, melted
- Pecorino cheese
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the cabbage head in wedges and place in an oven ramekin.
- Mince the garlic cloves and zest the lemon. Rub it into the wedges. Slice the lemon and squeeze the juice on top as well.
- Pour some liquid coconut oil on top, add salt and pepper and place in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Grate the cheese and spread on top of the wedges, put back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
The cabbage was served with some leftover meat patties and a piece of cow’s heart, saurkraut and green olives. Top with a click of butter and some olive oil before eating!
Happy cabbage cooking,
Cecilia & Magnus